ED Affects Australian Men in Midlife
Erectile dysfunction in Australia is common in midlife men – that is men over 40, according to two surveys done with older Australian men:
A study published in the British medical journal The Lancet concluded:
- “Erectile dysfunction is a common problem that needs medical attention and should never be ignored. It happens to men of all ages and affects at least 1 in 5 men over the age of 40 years, increasing to about two in three men over the age of 70 years.”
A study published in Australian Family Physician stated:
- “Large proportions of Australian men (55.0%) and women (60.5%) reported at least one sexual problem within the preceding year. More serious sexual dysfunction (>3 symptoms) was observed in 13.2% of men and 19.7% of women.”
The findings are very similar to those made in the Health Professionals Follow Up Study which questioned more than 30,000 health professionals in the US aged 53 – 90 and concluded men were most affected in midlife:
- “Many aspects of sexual function (including overall function, desire, orgasm, and overall ability) decreased sharply by decade after 50 years of age and 33 per cent had experienced erectile dysfunction in the previous three months.”
How Do Midlife Men Feel About ED?
Raise the issue of erection problems and a survey across several countries shows remarkable agreement amongst the men spoken to, regardless of cultures:
Midlife men have this to say about erectile dysfunction:
- ED is a source of great sadness to you and your partners
- Most feel you are not too old for sex
- Most agree it is important to feel you can perform sexually
- Half of all men say you’d do “nearly anything” to cure ED
Why is ED Common in Midlife Men?
Many factors contribute to declining sex drive and erectile dysfunction including:
- Declining testosterone levels
- Narrowing of blood vessels in the penis
- Stress or burn out
- Side effects of disease like diabetes
- Side effects of prescription medicines like anti-depressants
- Lifestyle factors like obesity and lack of exercise
(These are covered in detail in our E-Book Fighting Erectile Dysfunction Naturally which can be ordered here.)
How Midlife Stress Affects ED
Men peak sexually at 18, when the male sex hormone testosterone is at its highest. Testosterone falls by one per cent a year after the age of 40, and by midlife, in the decade after 50, episodes of erectile dysfunction become more frequent.
Chronic stress can cause testosterone levels to drop, with major life events common in midlife like divorce, job loss or bereavement aging the body by five or ten years within a few months.
Long term lower-grade stress – working longer hours, not getting enough sleep – can also lower testosterone levels, leading to irritability, a lack of energy and low sex drive. Emotions associated with depression also seem to cause significant testosterone decline.
The link seems to be with the stress hormone cortisol, released when individuals feel under threat. Studies have shown the higher the levels of cortisol, the lower the testosterone.
Studies have also found cortisol levels were nearly 70 per cent higher in depressed men than in men who were not depressed, and the depressed men also had significantly lower testosterone levels.
What Can Midlife Men Do About ED?
If continuing with an active sex life and lasting longer in bed is important to you as you reach midlife, there are steps you can take to ensure you can continue to enjoy good sexual health.
- Live healthier: exercise, eat healthy (lots of vegetables, grains, less fat and refined foods)
- Get plenty of sleep
- Deal with stress or depression
- Try prescription medicines like Viagra and Cialis, available from your doctor
- Choose a herbal supplement like Herbal Ignite
How Do Supplements For Erection Problems Work?
Erectile dysfunction treatments like Herbal Ignite contain traditional herbs that have been valued for centuries for their beneficial effects on performance anxiety, sex drive, sexual stamina and ability to maintain an erection. The herbs work in many ways;
- Tribulus elevates testosterone levels
- Horny Goat Weed increases blood flow to the genitals
- Avena Sativa relieves stress and burn out
Why Not Discover Herbal Ignite's Benefits?
Herbal Ignite offers an erection dysfunction treatment that will help return your midlife sex life to what it was when you were a 25 year old. Order our Buy 2 Get 2 Free offer (enough for two to three months continuous use, according to body weight)*.
We have a “no questions asked” refund policy on any unopened jars returned to us, so you’ve little to lose when you order Herbal Ignite for midlife erectile dysfunction. Don’t delay. Order today and enjoy the benefits.