Prostate problems a common cause of urinary issues
The prostate’s role in urinary problems
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland in men, located just below the bladder. The urethra (the tube carrying urine from the bladder) runs through the middle of the prostate. So it follows that an enlarged or unhealthy prostate can interfere with the efficient emptying your bladder. The prostate gland is also crucial for a healthy sex life because one of its functions is to provide some of the liquid that carries sperm.
Many men experience urinary symptoms as they age, which may be caused by inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis). In older men, symptoms may be the result of a blockage in the tubes due to a benign (non-cancerous) enlargement of the prostate gland – called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The most common symptom of this is difficulty emptying the bladder.
Urinary symptoms may become noticeable enough that they require treatment. However, not all urinary symptoms are due to changes in the prostate. Also, some men have enlarged prostates and yet experience few, if any, symptoms.
8 symptoms of urinary problems
Urinary symptoms commonly experienced with prostate problems include:
- The need to urinate frequently during the night.
- Urinating more often during the day.
- Urinary urgency; the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that you may not reach the toilet in time.
- The urine stream is slow to start.
- Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
- A sensation that the bladder isn't fully emptied after urination.
- Lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
- The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating.
Treatment for urinary problems
If urinary problems are caused by infection, or enlargement of the prostate gland, your doctor may suggest treatments that include:
- Antibacterial medication to treat bacterial prostatitis.
- Medication to improve the flow of urine and other symptoms, such as an obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate.
- Surgical procedures to open blockages.
- Medications that reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate, reduce the size of the prostate gland, or relax the bladder.
What can you do at home to help treat urinary problems?
Treatment of urinary problems will depend upon the severity of your symptoms and the diagnosis of your doctor. He or she may prescribe medications to help to relieve moderate to severe urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate.
If you have urination problems caused by an enlarged prostate and they are mild to moderate and do not bother you, then home treatment may be enough to help keep them from interfering with your day to day activities. Your medical practitioner may want to see you regularly to check on the progress of symptoms and may recommend a ‘watch and wait’ approach.
In this case, you may choose to consider using a natural supplement such as Prostate PowerFlow.
How Prostate Power Flow helps support urinary health
When taken daily, Prostate PowerFlow’s formulation works to support prostate health. It contains the following four key active ingredients:
- Saw Palmetto. Saw Palmetto is commonly used in Europe and the U.S as a treatment for an enlarged prostate. Some studies have shown Saw Palmetto might help with BPH symptoms in several ways. These include:
- You may need to get up less often at night to urinate.
- It can improve your flow when you go.
- It can ease painful urination.
- Lycopene. Tomato-derived lycopene supports a healthy prostate and has been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers. It can help stop the enlargement of the prostate and prevent this condition from progressing to prostate cancer.
- Selenium. Selenium provides antioxidant protection. Prostate PowerFlow provides up to 50 percent of the Selenium RDA to support men’s prostate health in New Zealand (RDA varies in different countries).
- Zinc is necessary for the manufacture of testosterone, which is the key male hormone for potency and fertility and supports a healthy prostate gland.
Good prostate health is a key for men coping with the inevitable hormonal changes that accompany aging. Prostate PowerFlow with Saw Palmetto, Zinc, Lycopene and Selenium may help alleviate the natural side effects of growing older.
To support your prostate health, it is suggested that you take two capsules of PowerFlow daily; one in the morning and one in the evening with food.
Prostate PowerFlow is natural and free of unpleasant side effects. It is made in New Zealand to the highest standards, with thorough testing and guarantees of no adulteration or undeclared ingredients.
Get Prostate PowerFlow Special: Buy two bottles & get one more bottle FREE
Disclaimer. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not substitute for the advice provided by your medical professional. Always seek specific medical advice for treatment appropriate to you. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.